Wednesday, April 30

I don't come to Goodwill for the bargains, I come for the arguments.

Today was a great day. Very great.

First of all, I hung out with a friend of mine that I really, truly enjoy spending time with. We get along real well and have some of the same taste in music, art, design. What I like most about him is that I always learn something from him. Usually about music, but also about design stuff, motion graphics, etc. He always seems to figure out how to find new and interesting things. I think I'm just not tech savvy enough to hunt that stuff down on the internet... or I haven't looked at all.

mental note: find the stumble button!!!!!

So The other day, I saw a woman running down the street. no, not running. Rumbling. (Running+stumbling=rumbling) She's a customer who used to come into my cafe all the time and get a "SHORT. DRIP. BUT IN A TALL CUP. WITH COLD SOY ON TOP. AND ROOM FOR CREAM AND SUGAR." ew. but anyway, I asked her what she was up to, and she said "Oh, just trying to find a job so I can feed my four children and find a home for us, because we're broke and homeless out on the street."

WAH WAHHHH. sob story. Okay, that's the intro to my NEW! story. So She's the one I saw stumbling around Belltown. Now here's my question: Do homeless people run for exercise, or do they run to/from something/someone? Was this woman exercising or was she being chaste? no no no.. CHASED. That's right. She was running because she was being chased by someone or something. But now, I'm writing Chaste instead of Chased... so does this homeless woman run because she's being chaste? "Oh, I'm running for virginity's sake!!! I've kept myself pure and holy for, oh, 36 years now! All four of my children can vouch for that."

...

So today I sat around at El Diablo on Queen Anne. I was mentioning to my friend that while I was riding the bus up to the top of Queen Anne I felt like I was in a really magnificent city. It was very green, lush, sunny, neighborhoody, active.. for the first time in a few years, I felt like I was someplace exciting and important. I felt like I was out of Seattle for a few minutes, yet still happy that I was IN Seattle. it was a remarkable experience and I felt good just enjoying that feeling for a few moments.

We had coffee (I had an accidentally iced mocha. whoops.) and then we went to Trader Joe's for some lunch. Then: JOANN FABRIC!

I bought some beautiful brocade fabrics (one is a lime green, the other is a beautiful navy blue with silver flowers.) I have a magenta and red satin paisley print for the inside of the green one, and a some purple fleece for the inside of the navy blue one. I also bought some weird orange flower print clearance quilting fabric for something bizarre, I don't know what yet. I have some ideas though!

This is the fun part: I went to Goodwill with (K) as well and we got our thrift on. He showed me things that he usually looks for to resell on his website business, and I was looking for fabric / material to reuse. (Found some new green fleece and some brand new fiberfill for $2!!) while we were wandering through the cameras section when two men were having an argument.

I don't even know what it was about, but one man was like "What the fuck?" and another man screamed "I'M JUST TRYING TO SHOP!" more screaming continued, another man got involved... and at that point, I realized... "I don't come to Goodwill for the bargains, I come for the arguments."

okay... that was today... now on to tomorrow.

(develop toilet pussy fragrance bottle. EAU DE TOILETTE PUSSAY)

No comments:

Blog Archive