A friend of mine dispensed some valuable advice that happened to put into words months worth of feelings.
"If you leave a friend on the back burner for too long, they get burned."
In one situation I don't know if I'm the one being burned or the one doing the burning. I feel like the situation is in my head and that I'm making it more ridiculous by the minute.
People change, friendships change, relationships change. Friendships change people and relationships change people too. Life sucks like this. I have to say that hands-down, it just straight-up BLOWS.
I hate how we play parts in people's lives when they're bit parts. I hate when you only get to play a walk on roll, or support, or background. What happens when you know it's a really good show and you want to be more involved in it, but the writers don't think you've got what it takes?
that's a strange analogy, but the situation is a whore. "It sucks like a jersey whore" to put it gently.
I feel so left behind, locked out. Just when you're getting comfortable and hitting a stride, you get tripped up and fall down.fuck.
just fuck. also, What do you do when the people who care about you ignore your pleas for help?
I've been doing some burning lately, but I think in this scenario, I'm the one who's been burned. What do you do? as the late Aaliyah said, Dust it off and try again.
here's to hoping if I let there be a next time, I listen to myself when I start to feel burned and say something. *yeah, I found a way to make this my own fault. go me.*
No comments:
Post a Comment