Wednesday, October 11

What a day!!

Alright!!

So it was a good day today, I didn't have to use my A.K.!!

I went to work like usual, except I WAS LATE. I usually get up at 3:30am, but for some reason I slept through my alarm and don't recall shutting it off. I awoke at 4:14am with my cell phone clutched tightly to my chest, in a panic. My text message sounds like: "CATCH THIS IN YOUR MOUTH AND I'LL GIVE YOU A PRESENT!" from Drop Dead Gorgeous. (Allison Janey's character says it at a bad at the AIRPOR HO-JO!!!!)

My first thought of the day: OHSHITI'MGONNABELATE!!!! Run to shower, get in, take longer than I had anticipated, gel hair QUICK-like, and get on the road. I left 15 minutes after I normaly do to get there right on time, so I thought "Fuckstick." BUT I made it at 4:48am. GOOD TIME, Alex!

So work was fine, it was actually really nice to get out of there at 9:15am. I had the whole day to do stuff, which was beneficial! I had an appointment at 11:30, then bought some groceries and things (i.e. HUMONGOUS bottle of multi vitamins, a loufa (sp?), some sponges, Airborne (BOGO baby!), and some other ridiculousness!) Then:

I looked at another apartment! That's right. I walked in, saw it, applied for it. loved it! It's charming! It's got hard wood floors (which definitely need to be refinished!) and coved ceilings, an absolutely HUGE Kitchen (unfortunately it has a terrible electric stove/oven combo and an even WORSE refrigerator straight out of Leave It To Beaver) with TONS of cabinet space, a foyer with a walk-in closet, another foyer connected to the bathroom and living area with another closet. The bathroom door is a wood frame with a glass center. Gorgeous!!! Really! The bathroom has a window in the shower which faces an alley (only about three feet away) and it's probably about 400+ sq. ft. WONDERFUL!

Someone turned in an application before me, but it wasn't for sure they'd get it, so I turned in one too. I'm 2nd in line.

I met Christine for lunch and we went to look for another place for her. It was a good time to walk around and look at what else was out there. I saw and called some other places, but no luck.

I felt sort-of queasy after lunch so I came home and got right on Craigslist. dear diary: JACKPOT! I won't say anything here now until after I see it, because it seems really nice. It's in a nice location and ... somewhat affordable. we'll see. I'm seeing it on Friday!

I also walked around with Shannon and saw another place down on Melrose and Thomas. It was alright, the owner was really nice, personable, but... the apartment was skeevy a little bit. 2nd floor with a view of a concrete wall and the side of a car from the parking lot next to the building. Otherwise, it was alright! only $575/mo. I gave up on it though. "Thank you!"

LAHA! bewtstashka! So things seem to be looking up. Hopefully I'll maybe... find a place ASAP? who knows. Time... will tell.

Now it's time to watch TV and eat peas and rice. I like vegetables.

No comments:

Blog Archive