Wednesday, October 11

I couldn't stay awake any longer last night. I WANTED to watch the rest of Dead Like Me but my body said "Sleep now, or perish, fool." And I had to obey. Besides, I have to open today and work the MOST miserable shift ever. 4:45am - 9:15am. 4.5 hours? Seriously?!? Not even long enough to have a lunch break. I'm just... there? God fuck!

Went to look at an apartment yesterday. I'm stepping up the hunt so I can get out of [info]covered_in_bees hair (not that I don't LOVE being here with her!!!) The owners said "It's a 500 sq. ft. studio in a quiet 'bohemian' garden setting with a shared courtyard, a breakfast nook in the kitchen, and walk in closets." Not to mention it was an Open House, aka "Cage Match" with ten hippies looking to set up perma-residence in a filthy place.

Translation: 300 sq. ft. appartment with 1/2 size stove, galley kitchen with a refrigerator that is located OUTSIDE the apartment proper, with a closet that has a door less than two feet wide to get into it that must be traveled through to enter the weak bathroom. ALL FOR $665/MO! What a deal! Not to mention the DIRTY, DIRTY garden. It seriously looked like everybody scattered their recyclables about in this "courtyard" and was praying for them to decompose (aluminum cans, forks, extra children, etc.) NO. THANK. YOU.

Today I have an apointment to look at another studio on 10th ave in a decent looking building. I'm positive it'll be nothing glorious. The woman said it's between 300-400 sq. ft (I think I could handle 350? depends on the layout and where I could jam my bed..) on the second floor (secur-i-tay!). So hopefully this will at least not be as scummy as the last place i looked at. At least this woman didn't lie about the size!

And now to get something ELSE off my chest. Yesterday C_I_B and I went to a certain place for a meal before the apartment showing. One of her friends works there. Said person always seemed nice, but was sort-of aloof. And also always ignored the fact that I was present with C_I_B. My anger arises with the fact that I am ignored. I'm not greeted or included in any conversations. I do understand that said individual and I MAY not have anything in common, but alas, I'm still a human being, alive and well in your presence. And your existence as a seattlite, although you may think so by others shining examples, may lead you to believe that you don't have to acknowledge my presence, you're wrong. STOP BEING SO FUCKING RUDE. I don't want to talk with you, have sex with you, know about your day, or go out for drinks with you (whether or not you are legally able to.) I want you to stop being such a douchebag and say "Oh, hey Alex, what's up?" and "Take care, guys!" at the end, not "Hi C_I_B!" and "Bye C_I_B!" You've acknowledged me only once in the five or six times we've met, and that was because you were sent into my work place with a set of keys for me and you HAD to interact with me as nobody else was there for you to feign my non-existence with.

You've ruined your first FIVE chances to make any sort of "Contributing member of the human race"-style impression on me and now you're just a douche bag that doesn't deserve the time of day. I'm sure I don't know the whole story and am "taking something out of context" here, but at this point it doesn't really matter. I have manners, or at least pretend to when I don't genuinely care, and I was raised to say hello to people you've met or be accomodating to people in which you share company.

Why is Seattle filled with so many self-important ignorant "people?" Seriously. I'm about to get malignant on them and if you know me, stick around. It's probably going to be fucking hilarious to watch me call them out on their self-importance. Steven Colbert style.

that's all for now. I have about an hour and a half to sleep some more before work.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It's probably going to be fucking hilarious to watch me call them out on their self-importance. Steven Colbert style.

Take 'em out Colbert style! What What!

And said pizza working person is a douche and is going to get a talking to.

Blog Archive