Thursday, May 29

Holysorry.

I've been gone for a hot minute!!!

not a lot has been going on.. I've been thinking a lot though, about rape. "RAPE?!" you say? yes, Rape. lets talk, shall we?

Sooo, rape. yes, it's serious! After watching a copious amount of Law and ORder: SVU, I've thought about it. If a woman gets raped, but she's drunk... and the man is not, if she doesn't remember saying no, is it rape? If she thinks afterwords "Maybe I shouldn't have had sex with him." then she can say rape? What about... if the man AND the woman are drunk, and neither one says no, but it's regrettable afterward? could the MAN say he was raped if he said no? Would anybody believe that in court?

"I was drunk, and the sex was really good!" "But you were DRUNK. you were RAAAAAPED!!!!" "But, I'm pretty sure I didn't say no." "We need to find more victims."

" Miss? We need to talk to you. Have you ever had sexual relations with so-and-so?" "Yeah. he's my fiancé. Of course I have!" "YOUWERERAPEDTOO! We need you to come forward and file charges."

I'm not trying to make light of a situation like rape, but the lines are so fine and bizarre... mostly I'm concerned with whether or not a man can say he was raped, whether by a woman or another man. (I don't mean man-on-man mugging rape.. like, I-was-drunk-and-he-took-advantage-of-me rape.)

..

In other news, before driving to port Townsend this weekend, I decided to get my brakes checked out on my truck. BAD NEWS BEARS! Turns out EVERYTHING WAS SHOT ON THEM. I had like a complete overhaul on my brake system. The quote he gave me was $1238... After feeling raped for a second, I decided it's cheaper than getting a new vehicle, it's completely unsafe to drive how it was (I knew it was unsafe, I could feel the brakes failing.) and the truck is old. it needs maintenance. SOOOOO I said do it.

I got there today to pick it up and they found something else that needed to get repaired on it to the tune of $80. Woooooohhhhh.. $1320 =/-. shit. But he said "Let me see...." and came back with $1100. That's better. I mean, it's still a lOT of money, but it's necessary. He showed me the parts that were broken in my vehicle and why they needed to be repaired, and that's awesome. Nobody's ever done that before so I always felt defensive and butt hurt. this dude was amazing.

Anyway.. I leave for band camp tomorrow, and right now I'm going to go see my friend Mara for a drink (diet coke!) After sushi today with Xtine, it was all good. "And then there was poke role."

OFF! back more later. bye.

No comments:

Blog Archive