I'm in such a weird mood right now. I've been browsing music on emusic and I have to be careful because I get stuck in a rut and end up downloading way too much music in one genre. Tonight, I downloaded a downtempo version of "Walk on the Wild Side" and it's amazing, it makes me think of my good friend Mara... driving up Denny in the late evening, listening to the original, singing the chorus: "Doot.. DooDoot.. Doodooot. Dooot-doodoot doot. Dooot-doodoot doooot."
I then found a band called Bim. I listened to them for a few minutes and liked their voices so I said "Hell. Download album." It's good.
THEN. I was thinking about Giner and randomly heard "Magic Love" by BENT. So I checked their selection out on Emusic... only two albums, Everlasting Blink (Already have that one, it's a favorite for SURE) and Ariels. I listened to Ariels, and it's a different side of Bent from Everlasting Blink. Amazing in a whole different way. It makes me feel like there's a new chapter of my lil' Giner n' me. "Oh, my dear, I can almost hear you say, oh you only have to wait another day. Here in my room, all alone, as the time passes slowly. Dreamin' of your skin on my skin, oh the things that you show me. Why are my arms so empty? For I am possessed by love. This is how I feel.."
A goooood choice, Alex. good choice. I found some other albums, A remix of an Apparat album, some more Herbert, and some chillout groove compilations, etc.
OHHH.. One important thing. Something popped into my head, a memory of Dan and I walking through the Camden Square market (I think that's what it's called? Camden something..) And I heard this music that really caught my attention. I heard this one song, so I bought the album. It was hideously overpriced, but it was good!! The song turned out to be called "The Cure & The Cause" by Fish Go Deep. I'm glad I finally found out who it's by... the compilation I bought was probably illegal and ripped and faux... but IT'S MINE NOW!
p.s. loves my new coffee brewer. Best part is the auto-on feature. I love waking up to the smell of brewing coffee, and also to a pot of coffee ready for me to consume!!! YEAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment