Saturday, June 21

it's been a few minutes...

Fremont Solstice Parade is today (www.fremontartscouncil.org) and I'm IN IT! not nude. DEFINITELY not nude! I'm in a marching band and we're in just about every parade in Seattle during the summer (except for the Seafair parade... donno why.)

So I have to be there at 11:00am, and it's now 8:30 and I'm probably going to head over there in a little bit to see if I can get a place to park ANYWHERE. I have to see where's closest to park, if I can get a spot down by gasworks park, or if I should park near the staging area and walk all the way back with my sax after the parade's over? That's probably what I'll do.

I think immediately following the parade i'mg oing to come home and shower, then go to bath and body works and spend some more money that I don't have to buy more Coconut Lime Verbena scented anything!!! That scent seriously makes me HAPPY. it really does. I bought some mandarin lime lotion also. Lemon and LIme are my favorite scents / flavors. (not together necessarily.)

Things have been so-so, last night I was supposed to go to put-put mini golf with a group of friends, but I sort-of had an emergency withdrawal from society and CLEANED. I took everything off my book shelf and dusted and rearranged, scooted some t hings around my apartment, dusted, took out a lot of trash and recyclables, fixed things up, put up a little ledge and some arty works on it, moved some lighting, etc etc.

I'm sort-of pleased with how the space looks. I'm half-way tempted to move the bookshelf against the wall so I can have the whole room be open and spacious. I just don't want to move that herculean bookshelf again! Daaaaaaang.

I was really productive last night too. I paid all the bills I have to be paid, even the one that came right away. I'm such a procrastinator, I just set things aside and pretend I've got other more important things to do instead of pay attention to LIFE. well, at least lately I've been able to tack them up on my stupid board so I know they're there and all in one place...

I have a lot of profound thoughts throughout the day but I neglect to jot them down or think about them more so I always seem to forget. However, I'm going to write down names of people I've met at work so I don't forget. Lynette, Brandy, Jen, and... there may be one more but if I can't remember I will when I get to work.

Speaking of work, Yesterday there were a bunch of partners from Corporate in our store doing who-knows-what and after they were done one asked me if I Had a business card so she could have my name, etc. because she felt I was the most genuine evar. I have to say, I really, really love that part about my job. I think I like it so much because customers LOVE me. I get so much attention from them, it's like a rush. I feel like I'd be BORED doing anything else because I wouldn't get that attention I desire. So now that I'm learning people's names, I'm getting all sorts of hook-ups from them. if I had my head and heart in the right place, I could land jobs doing freelance design for them without a doubt.... but my head's a hot hot mess and my heart has sunk to the bottom of my belly.. At least it's still there and in one piece.— I can just work on getting it back where it belongs.

Until then, I just have to struggle with the every day and make it work out properly. which I manage to do just fine.

No comments:

Blog Archive