Saturday, May 17

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

So won't you be my sex slave?

What an amazing weekend. I can say for SURE that anybodies foul mood in Seattle HAS to be because of the dreary skies and vitamin D deficiency. This city is a different place in the sunshine.

This morning, for instance, I was walking to QFC to get some essentials and everyone I made eye contact with either smiled at me, or smiled back after I did. (Except that one guy who was staring at me with a scowl on his face, and that's probably because the sun was in his eyes... and I was scowling too because of the same.) I felt good because I was nice, and others were returning that, which I find is unusual.

Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking "SHIT. I bet it's 11:30am. I slept through my alarm. I needed to do laundry before I leave. shitfuckpoopcrap." but when I looked at my phone, it was 8:45am. EXCELSIOR!

(side note: I just was thinking about music volume. I turned on C89.5 on iTunes and it was at half volume, but it was sort-of loud. I thought "why don't you try this so it's just barely audible?" and I did and I like it. I can think without the music taking over. I think there is an important life lesson in this. Don't do anything too loud or everyone on the street will hear that you're gay.)

I went to the laundry room and put in two loads of wash, then came upstairs and made a small grocery list (face wash, bread, laundry detergent, juice?) I walked over to QFC for some great bargains that I KNEW would be good. (C'mon! Laundry soap, Arm&Hammer in Mountain Fresh and Clean Burst were B.O.G.O., 2x concentrated, so I'll use half as much!!) I smiled a lot at people, hopefully not with a crazy "Hello, lovely weather, may I sidewalk rape you?" grin. Bought some stuff, came home, switched out my laundry, and called mom n' pops!

Mom wasn't home, but I Had a nice chat with Leon. He asked if I might be able to make it home this summer or fall sometime, as he's saved some of Grandma's ashes for us and wants to have a little ceremony and spread them someplace. It'd be nice to come back for that, for sure... but how will I afford a ticket?! Figure that one out, Alex.

A.

I like that letter A. This looks like a type writer when I type. me gusta.

So now I'm blogging, I'm updating my life, things are going to change, and I'm getting ready to go to a picnic with Carla for her company, which also magically scored us tickets to Cirque de Soleil (sp?) and then some birthday fantasticalness for Shannon in TACOma. I'm much excited!

I've got to shower, and decide what to wear. It's sort-of HOT outside... and I'm sure it's not going ot get any less humid or cooler.


OH. one last thing: I got my mark out this week at Seattle's Best Coffee and I got Cinnabon flavored coffee. ohhhh. Well, it SMELLS amazing, and tastes pretty good, although it's more a cinnamon flavor than cinnabon, but it's still good.

No comments:

Blog Archive