I don't know what it is, but I know I should feel warm, new, refreshed. I should put on my spring hat!
I think this is my favorite season of the year because it signifies new beginnings, growth, and life! I also like it because it means that there are a lot of colors everywhere (My favorite is the pink trees that have a burgundy leaf on them) as well as the red buds with the orange-ish yellow insides that give that tree a really beautiful color at this time of year. Of course, spring also means more men without their shirts on running around outside too.
Here's the color combination I adore right now, the blossoms on the treeees!!

Lots has been going on this week. Still in the "clear out the cobwebs and stop being a douchebag while you're at it!" mode. Went out to dinner with some friends last night and then went to a birthday party at on capitol hill. I think I'm confident in saying now that I don't like going places alone becuase people in Seattle are douchebags and you can't talk to someone you don't know. They get really upset with that and treat you poorly. "NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO ME! I DON'T KNOW YOU! NOW I'M GOING TO PUT UP A FRONT THAT WILL BE MEAN AND UNHOLY." silly Seattle.
I need a Three Year Plan.
Starting today, (again) I'm going to keep chugging along at my flash instructional book. I really need to take some time off or take a class to learn Web skills. It SUCKS that it wasn't really happening at my school when I went, but now you NEED those skills. MOst of the kids that graduated with me are stuck in their production jobs because we don't have proficient enough web skills to get a job and everyone needs someone who knows how to do web scripting or coding or at least knows how to use JavaScript or basic HTML or dreamweaver for fuck's sake! I have to get on that, for it is my next goal and the ONLY WAY I'LL EVER GET ANOTHER JOB EVER ANYWHERE. (not saying it's time to move on from the job I have, I really like it! I just can't keep doing production work forever, i'm starving for something more!)
Creatively, I have a lot of ideas for the decorative pillows. I NEED to start selling these motherfuckers sometime soon because a) they're taking up too much space, and b) I'm sinking a lot of time, money, and energy into them and I need to start getting a return from them! Fack! I buy cheap cloth and stuff, and have a lot of ideas but.. you know what they say, you are your own worst critic. I think my designs and craftsmanship are shit. Which I doubt they are. The lines are 95% straight, they're constructed well and they're durable, and pleasing to the eye! i think I can do better, so I criticize myself hardcore.
I bought a double needle the other day so I can do some decorative top stitching on a pillow that's really just a zigzag stitch in a swirly pattern. I'm thinking I might even want to do some filigree sort of pattern or something basic and swirly with the zigzag. should be pretty cool!! We'll see!!!
the douchebag upstairs needs to PUT THE FUCKING GUITAR AWAY AT 8:22AM. NOT OKAY!!
time for work anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment